1973 - Football - Chippewa
DATE OF BIRTH: April 14, 1876
- BIRTH PLACE: Libby, Minnesota
- TRIBE: White Earth Chippewa
- EDUCATION: Carlisle & University of Minnesota
- SPORTS DATA: Football: End - Carlisle & University of Minnesota
- 1903 Third Team All-American Walter Camps Selection
- Among the University of Minnesota’s most famous captains - Captain 1901
- Enshrined in Footballs Hall of Fame for Pioneer College Players.
- Rogers was a key factor in the history making Minnesota tie Michigan game in 1903. It was from this game the "Little Brown Jug" tradition was started.
- Upon leaving Minnesota in 1904 he returned to Carlisle as football coach for one year. His team won 9, lost 2 and were rated 14th in the country.
- The remarkable Rogers practiced law for 62 years. In 1963 he was named the Outstanding Country Attorney in the United States. He retired in 1966 at the age of 90.