|| Jessie B."Cab" Renich
1973 - Basketball - Choctaw
DATE OF BIRTH: September 29, 1917
- BIRTH PLACE: Love County, Marietta, Oklahoma
- TRIBE: Choctaw
- EDUCATION: Oklahoma A & M
- SPORTS DATA: Basketball : Forward
- Helms foundation All American 1939 & 1940
- NEA All American 1939 & 1940
- AAU All American 1947 & 1948
- Captain 1948 USA Olympic Basketball Team
- Gold Medal Winner - USA Basketball Team Olympic Games 1948
- Upon graduating from college Renick was commissioned an officer in the US Navy and
received his wings as a Naval Pilot.
- After his military service, he played basketball for the Phillips 66 Oilers and in
1948 was selected to the USA Olympic Basketball Team. He was chosen Captain
of the team and was carried off the floor by his teammates following their 65-21 victory over
France to capture the Olympic Basketball Championship.
- In 1948 Jesse "Cab" Renick became coach; player of the Phillips 66 team and in his first 3 seasons
won 153 games and lost only 9 for a winning percentage of .9444.
- In 1961 Renick experienced one of his greatest moments when he adopted and became the father of six orphaned Indian children.