|| John "Johnny" Allen
1991 Football - Tonkawa & Sac & Fox
DATE OF BIRTH: November 8, 1934
- BIRTH PLACE: Pawnee, Oklahoma
- TRIBE: Tonkawa/ Sac and Fox
- EDUCATION: Oklahoma A&M College, Stillwater, Oklahoma
Northeastern State College, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- SPORTS DATA: Football, Basketball and Baseball
QUOTE: St. Petersburg Times
- Oklahoma A&M College 1955-1956
- Varsity Letterman - Football
- Northeastern State College 1957-1958
- Varsity Letterman - Football, Basketball, and Baseball 1957
- Varsity Letterman - Football, basketball, and Baseball 1958
- Quarterback of "The Redmen", NAIA National Football Champions,
won by "The Redmen" at St. Petersburg, Florida, in Holiday Bowl Game,
- December 20, 1958. Named by sports writers as "Most Valuable
Player" and awarded NAIA Trophy as outstanding"Back of the Game" in
the Holiday Bowl Game, December 20, 1958.
- Played Professional Football with London Lords of Canadian League, London,
Ontario, Canada 1959-1960
- Named "Basketball Coach of the Year" Region 3, Oklahoma Coaches Association .
- "The Times award for MVP of the Holiday Bowl Game was a beautiful 21-jewel Lord Elgin watch. Allen was shocked on being selected for the lofty title. ĎThis is the biggest thrill Iíve ever had and, even though I need a watch, I think Iíll just keep this one in the box to look at it.í"