|| Walter Johnson
1973 - Football - Paiute
DATE OF BIRTH: August 18, 1908
- BIRTH PLACE: In a cabin in the White Mountains on the Nevada/California State Line
- TRIBE: Paiute
- EDUCATION: Haskell Institute and University of Redlands
- SPORTS DATA: Football
QUOTE - sports Writer, Roy Cummings, January 1, 1932:
- Honorable mention All-American 1931 - fullback
- Annual East-West Shrine Football Game 1932 (West Team)
- All Kansas Honorable mention Fullback 1932
- All Conference Fullback university of Redlands 1934
"Punting honors seem to belong to Walter Johnson, the Haskell Indian Athlete. Johnson is an unorthodox kicker with very little form but he still has the prime requisite, he gets the ball down the field 50 yards every kick."
- In 1937 he began his 33 year career as teacher, advisor and coach at Sherman Indian School in Southern California. In 1948 he transferred to Stewart Indian School as a teacher and a coach until his retirement in 1970.