||Egbert "Eg" Ward
1978 - Football/Baseball/Basketball - Yakima
DATE OF BIRTH: October 18, 1900
- BIRTH PLACE: Toppenish, Washington
- TRIBE: Yakima
- EDUCATION: Washington State College, Pullman, Washington
Haskell Institute, Lawrence,Kansas
- SPORTS DATA: Football, Baseball and Basketball
COMMENTS: 1927 Haskell Annual
- Varsity four-year football letterman, Haskell Institute, Lawrence, Kansas, 1923, 1924, 1925 and 1926. Varsity baseball letterman, Haskell Institute, Lawrence, Kansas, 1924, 1925 and 1926. Captain Haskell Baseball Team 1926. varsity Basketball letterman, Haskell Institute, Lawrence, Kansas, 1925, 1926 and 1927. Named to Kansas All-State Backfield, 1926. Named Haskellís Greatest Quarterback and selected as Quarterback on All-Time All-Haskell Indian Eleven, 1926, by Coach Richard "Dick" Hanley.
- "The football season of 1926 was unquestionably the most significant in the history of Haskellís gridiron competition, if not, indeed, in the whole history of the Indian race. It saw at Haskell the dedication of the first and only Indian stadium and at the same time brought forth the strongest eleven which ever brought glory and fame to the Purple and Gold".